We’ll assist you in determining if a management buyout (MBO) is the right move to meet your financial goals.
A management buyout (MBO) occurs when a company’s management team purchases the assets and operations of the business they manage. However, every MBO deal is structured differently. We’ll evaluate your goals, and the available capital your team would need to make an offer. If they don’t have what they need, we can assist your team in locating funding sources by tapping into our global network of lenders and private equity groups.
Is a management buyout (MBO) right for you?
Selling to a key employee or to your management team has special challenges. To start, consider these questions:
- Does your team demonstrate a complete, strategic understanding of business operations?
- Does your business generate enough cash flow for your management (future owners) to pay off purchase debt?
- With an MBO, how long would it realistically take to transition out of your ownership role?
- Will you and your team share similar objectives when deal structuring begins?
- Do you have a fallback plan in case your management team pulls out at the last minute?
Our experienced advisers will work with you one-on-one to answer these questions and determine if an MBO is your best option, or if there’s a better buyer out there for you.
Learn more about our management buyout (MBO) process.
Our management buyout process is designed to help you and your team make informed and thoughtful decisions.
Why business owners love us
- "Thank you for doing a fantastic job with your documentation and methods of working professionally with buyers. You provided feedback and answers to any question within hours. Very impressive. Thank you!"
Yacir J. / /
- "Grover Rutter Mergers & Acquisitions quickly found us prospective buyers who were not only financially qualified, but also a great fit for our business. From day one until the day we signed the final papers, Grove Rutter and his friendly staff worked hard on our behalf and were consistently available to answer questions. Grover personally kept all parties informed and moving steadily forward in the selling process. And when obstacles came up, he was instrumental in quickly and professionally overcoming them. Bottom line… Grover Rutter Mergers & Acquisitions got it done for us."
Daniel L. / /
- "Thanks again for all your efforts to sell [our businesses]. You deserve the commission!"
Matt S. / /
- "Your hard work and thorough representation of our business was extremely effective and much appreciated. As you know, selling our type of business can be a complex and daunting task, but you and your staff rose to the occasion. I would recommend your firm to anyone wishing to sell their business."
Lee M. / /
- "Grover’s service was invaluable to us. We had been looking for the right opportunity for several years, and Grover finally made our dream become a reality. His easy-going and professional manner, along with his assistance with referring us to a very talented loan officer, attorney and accountant, made this an exceptionally smooth process. Without Grove and his staff’s assistance, I believe that we’d still be looking for a business. His staff is equally helpful and friendly."
Jon S. / /
- "We were pleasantly surprised when we received an offer to purchase the business after only being on the market for a few months. This was impressive! The buyer offered us exactly what you had suggested as the price for the business, which I might add, was somewhat more than what we had thought to set the price at."
Michelle S. / /
- "As you can imagine, selling a business of 23 years was a difficult decision to make. Your approach to the process certainly made things much easier than I envisioned. I was amazed how fast you were able to bring a qualified buyer to the table. Your evaluations were spot on and we were able to get our deal done with a comfortable selling price in a timely manner."
Doug B. / /